Tuesday, March 22, 2011

running late...

Today I overslept.  I was deep in my sleep when my alarm went off, for apparantly the 3rd time!  I hate mornings like this....rushing around.  The wonderful husband that he is, Casey was right there to make my morning protein shake and hand it to me as I rushed out the door.  After kissing him goodbye, I walked to my car in a sun shower smiling, thinking to myself how good life really is...how grateful I am for every little thing, both good and bad.  Of course it is always easier to feel this way in a 'better moment'.  I squeezed into my car like I do every morning, only today it was wet out and I got soaked.  I must have given the car next to me a nice shine as I rubbed against it.  Actually it was Casey's truck, and I have to remind him to NEVER park that CLOSE to me again!  The cars are parked on top of each other in our lot.  I swear one night I am going to repaint the lines! 

As I rounded the horsehoe lot, I faced west and think how purple the sky is....drive a little further to see a beautiful rainbow in the forground with the most intense,bright colors I have ever seen!  It was completely full and I immediately thought of leprechauns and pots of gold and carebears and such.  I wanted to drive to the end of it to greet them all!  Instead, I pulled over to take a picture of a section of it that would actually fit into my little iphone screen.  My neighbor, Cody, drives by and yells 'double rainbow' out of his window....as if he knew that I didn't even realize, it was in fact...a DOUBLE rainbow!  I could not stop looking at it as I drove.  There was a backup on the 5 as we all drove through the bright colors to watch it disappear in our rearview mirrors.  What a great way to start my day!

double rainbow....the pic does not do it justice at all!