Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Saturday Morning Hike

Saturday morning...let's get up at 6am to go hiking!  Woohoo!  We love it though.  Really we do!
Bear Canyon Loop...steady inclines, wildflowers, mountain lion tracks that made your heart race more out of fear than pace.  It was when Casey asked me if I carry a knife that I realized those might not have been dog tracks that we were seeing.  Luckily we did not have any run-ins, but I definitely jumped nearly 10 feet when a flock of birds flew out from some bushes next to me.  I prefer bears over mountain lions any day.

Our pace was so quick we were practically jogging at some points.  Note: jogging in hiking boots is like asking for shin splints.  10 miles in under 3 hours...not too bad, but we can do better and will be in training over the next few months for the High Sierra Trail we hope to do this summer.





Pretty Wild Flowers














Plane Crash


View from Sitton P

















Snow capped San G in the distance